2.10.11

beechnuts

On luzia pimpinella's blog I found these wonderful flowers made from beechnuts, beads and wire. They are absolutely beautiful! We have a beech tree right outside our front door and we have thousands of the nuts in the grass, in the road and on the side walk. So I went out and scooped some up!

(no lie, this is what our sidewalk looks like.)

First I had to make some of the flowers. I made them a little different then luzia pimpinella, but I think they still had a nice charm about them.



After I tried my had with the flowers I just had to take the idea and run! And so I did. I made ornaments!

There is nothing like home made ornaments and I feel that these turned out particularly wonderful.



They are fun and easy, so if you've got a beech tree that annoys you when it drops it's nuts, now you have a use for them!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love them! I want some.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Sara dear, of course you may have some.

    In fact, if you want we can have a movie night, discuss our upcoming NYC adventure and I can teach you how to make them. (but we might need to get some more beads, I'm running a little low.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am happy and feel honored that my blog posting inspired you to make such beautiful beechnut ornaments.

    they are amazing lovely... i'd love to share them on my blog to my readers with a few of your pictures and a backlink to this posting. may i?

    thank you!
    nic

    ReplyDelete
  4. @nic hildebrandt Feel free to use whatever images you'd like! They are very fun and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...