8.10.11

jewelry hanger

I found two "matching" framed mirrors, bought some spray paint and hooks.


Pink is not necessarily my favorite color... but the young lady I made these for is a pink girl, so I can deal with it. 


 First, I marked where I wanted to screw in the hooks. Next, I put a few nail holes in so to make the hooks easier to be put in. 


It wasn't fun to screw the hooks in, but in the end it all worked out.
Then let the spray painting commence. 



What I learned by doing this project, was that when in doubt, dont' let me spray paint. 


 But I think in the end I did ok, I think part of my problem was the frames were a little strange, it was almost as though they were coated in almost rubbery paint. No clue, but in the end it was ok. I like the crackle look, adds a bit of charm I think. 

Now, on to the stapeling! 


 I used a staple gun to staple lace to the back of the frame. Perfect for hanging ear rings on!


This is such a fun and easy DIY project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...