18.10.11

walking around NYC

Walking around New York City is always an adventure. Somehow, you always end up walking more then you think you will. But the thinks you see on the way are well worth the walk, even if it is a little overwhelming at times. I came across churches among sky scrappers, children being children. Central park paths that seemed you were in the middle of the woods, but could still hear the cars rushing past in the background. Little parks with great charm and people who are trying to make a difference.  



Shakespeare Garden in Central Park



The Belvedere Castle in Central Park



The Ramble  in Central Park




Boats on the Lake in Central Park 


Fences ready for the winter in Central Park 


A church along the West side of Central Park.


And then I got lost in Tribeca. It made for quite an adventure, and A LOT of walking. But that's ok. It's so hard to keep your barrings in Downtown NYC unless you know the order of the streets. But that's ok. When I found a subway station I hopped on and got where I wanted to be with no problem.

Bikes are everywhere. Of every shape, size and color. 



Albert Capsouto Park



Why yes, I often chain up my rollar skates. Hum. Ya, I'll stick with that. 


 St. Paul's Churchyard and the buildings that surround it.




 Inside St. Pauls Cathedral there was a 9/11 memorial Things sent from all over the world to send their support. 


 This man was adding a patch from Belgium to the many already placed.  



And then I wondered into Occupy Wall Street... 








I love the layers of buildings. So many different architectural styles, shapes and sizes.  And as always, the reflections are my favorite.



 When I saw this I missed the puppies, but I don't think they would like the city very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...