8.11.11

home made tea bags

I love loose leaf tea. But I never seem to use all of what I have for loose leaf tea. For one reason or another, tea bags are just easier. So my new solution. Home made tea bags! 


 These are so simple to make, but they are time consuming if you (like me) plan on making a lot of them. I have a ton of them all cut out and ready to be sewn, so that way if i've got a second, or feel like sewing while catching up on a tv show or watching a movie they are all set and ready to go.

First start out with coffe filters. cut them to the size you want them to be. Mine are about 2.5in. I can get 2 tea bags out of each filter.

Fold each strip in half, and sew up both sides. 


 Once each side has been sewn closed fill the te bag up with the desired amount of tea.


Then I sewed them closed, but other hom made tea bags I've seen are just stapled shut. For me, I know sometimes I like to microwave the tea bag in the water, esp if it's a second cup so it makes more sense for me to sew them closed. If you are sewing them closed make sure you don't over fill the bags, otherwise you may run into trouble. 


And vuala! Home made tea bags with your own favorite loose leaf tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...