17.12.11

christmas in the city and korean food

I love Christmas. It is my favorite part of the year. The lights, the trees, the window displays. I love it all. In New York City Christmas seems to add a whole new layer of excitement. I love seeing all the trees being sold on the street, the smell of pine trees filling the air. It's like magic.


On Mark and my way to Korean (my favorite) we found this cute little park. It had beautiful trees that had a few leaves still hanging on. It was such a great space. The kind you stumble upon unexpectedly and will forget about and quite possibly never be able to find it again, but I do wonder what the park would look like in the summer. 



And on to Korean food. Yummy yummy Korean food. The place that Mark and I like to go was just written up in Time Out New York. We didn't know this before we got there and were surprised by the amount of people that were there. The food is amazing, so I'm really glad they were written up, but it was nice to have a good place that was somewhat unknown. 



I love all the appetizers that come with meal. We also ordered fried dumplings. So good. Defiantly not something to pass up. 



Korean food come out of the kitchen so hot. This was the first time I didn't burn my tongue, and trust me it took a lot of restraint to not dig in as soon as it came out. 


After Korean food we walked uptown. It was very fun to see stores all ready for Christmas 


Lord and Taylors windows were very well made.  I think I would enjoy being a par of the team creating the holiday window displays. They are filled with magic. When I look at them I feel like I'm looking into a dream.





We came across a store that was very wonderfully name, wouldn't you agree?  In the windows there were beautiful FabergĂ© eggs. 


As we walked by Grand Central Station We saw this beautiful tree hanging upside down with crystals hanging off of it. Mark and I, went over to take a closer look. I thought it was quite magical.



Sometimes the things you come across on the streets of New York. Steam pipes pumping smoke, people, children street lights. It's never boring.



I'm in absolute love with these Christmas lights.



 Christmas is so great in New York.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...