5.1.12

read.

I'm not much for new years resolutions. I've always figured that if there is something you want to do, some way you want to change your life it's something you can decide to do anytime. Not just starting January 1st. I guess this year January 1st just happens to be when I have decided to set a goal. To make a change. What you might ask is my goal, my resolution?


To read.



It's simple. I want to read more. As a kid I read, a lot. I was the one that got in trouble for reading under the covers with a flashlight for hours after I should have been asleep. For some reason as I grew up I read in spurts. Absorbing many, many books in a short spirt then not reading for a while again. In a way It's turned into a vicious cycle. One that I am going to attempt to stop here and now!

This year I want to try to read a little more consistently. I've got no real goals on number of books to read, or even any specific books. I just want to be able to say that I am reading a book.

For Christmas my parents gave me a Kobo Touch. I'm in love with it. It's so nice to have multiple books at my finger tips and all I have to carry is 6.5 oz ereader. It's great. With about 360 books already loaded on my Kobo I'm all set to read, a lot.



So that is my goal, to read. I'm going to try to blog about some of the books after I finish. Hopefully it will be a good year, full of lots of page turners!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...