20.4.12

the last song

This book, like every Nicholas Sparks books I've read I cried. Honesty, you would have thought I would learn my lesson, but obviously, I haven't.

There is something about the way that Nicholas Sparks builds a story. He takes people through an awful situation, in a way brings them back from the dead. It's amazing the emotional connection you create with the characters, and each grow in ways beyond imagining.

I cried as Steve, Ronnie's father was over taken with sickness. I cried as she played the piano once again. I cried as Steve died. And I'm sure I cried a few more places as well.

Ronnie became the person she was always meant to be the summer she spent with her father. Although everything started out a little rocky, with one collision her summer changed, for the better. She fell in love, a love that brought her out of herself, that gave her a strength she didn't know she had. A love that was not always approved by some, but a love that stood through some hard tests.

By the end of the summer, Ronnie learned that sometimes the unexpected is more perfect then anything you could plan. At the same time, sometimes things are never what they seem, and as her father grew more and more sick she learned what having true inner-straight means. Most importantly she found her way into faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...