28.4.12

little house in the big woods

Every once and a while I have an odd craving to re-read books. The past few weeks I have wanted to read the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Since my initial read as a child, I have read the entire series a few times in my life. It is just one of those series that I find a new way to relate the lessons and ideals in the books to my life.

Family is so important in the Little House books, and Caroline and Charles are so strong and supportive of each other. A great example of what a marriage should be. Mary and Laura have such fun adventures up in the attic among the pumpkins in the winter and under the trees in the summer.

It's funny, I'd forgotten how short this book is. It was nice to be reintroduced to the characters in this series. To see the love that is shared and how simple life was. It makes me wish that I could go back to that time. A time that there is no technology nothing but the clouds in the sky and the birds of the field. Nothing to hold you back from enjoying the beauty around you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...