3.3.12

hippopotamus planter


Design Don't Panic - Dinosaurs & Succulents


So, the idea for this lovely hippopotamus planter came from Design Don't Panic, via Pintrist!

When I saw them I just had to figure out how to make these plastic toy planters, and so, I did!



So, I started by getting my lovely hippopotamus at the dollar store, my most favorite place to get craft supplies. Then, out came the knife. I started by cutting down the center the length that I wanted the opening to be. 


Next I cut the width. I did the best I could to make it as even as possible, but I had to go back and clean it up a bit at the end, but that wasn't a big deal.


 The next step was to cut off the flaps leaving the whole open. Then I did a bit of cleaning up around the edges, just to make sure they were nice and smooth. Now, on to the planting!


My hippopotamus had a small hole it from the tag. So I cut a coffee filter and folded it into the bottom to so the hole was covered. I doubt it was a big deal, but I thought it would be good just in case. Then I filled up the hippopotamus' body and planted my lovely little succulent plant.


And voilĂ  I have a lovely hippopotamus planter! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...