4.3.12

the notebook

As so many of the female gender before and I'm sure after me, I too have fallen completely in love with Noah and his complete and loving devotion to Allie.

This is not the first time I've read The Notebook, and I'm sure not the last. Every single time I read this book I need to be sure to have a box of tissues. Without fail I will cry. But while reading this book I learned that crying over an ereader is not the same as with a real physical book. There is something about the way the tears stain the page that is magical and sends your emotions to the characters. Splotches on the screen just seem alien and pitiful, but that didn't stop me from shedding tears all the same.

This is one book that once I start I can't seem to put down, and lots of tears and a few hours later I'm longing for a Noah of my very own. Hoping that someday someone will love me, and stick by me through thick and thin. Someone to sit in a rocking chair on an old porch with. Someone to inspire me and encourage me to do things greater then I knew I could.

Each time I read this book I'm always surprised by the simplicity of it. There is really nothing overly showy about the story, it's all about how sometimes young love can be the truest of all, if given the chance. How some love can endure even the worst, and how love will conquer all.

True love. Faithful love. Patient love. Forgiving love.
Just thinking about it makes me want to read the book over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...