13.3.12

temperance brennan series - deja dead

This is the first in a long series that the tv series Bones is based on. I love Bones and have been a faithful watcher since season one. I finally have decided to tackel the books. I had a hard time getting through Deja Dead, the first in the series. It had nothing to do with the charters or the plot. I think it was just the way it was written. Something about the flow of the story that didn't catch me. On top of that it was a very long book. I really wanted to dive in and love this book, and it just never happend. 

The story is about a anthropologist, the best in the business. She hasn't had it overly easy and in some ways her move to Quabeck is her running away from problems. But like everyone who tries to run away from something trouble always finds you. 

There is a serial killer on the loose, but Temperance is the only person that sees the connection. She slowly puts the pieces together building her case, until the police finally give in and dig deeper into her theory. If only they had believed her sooner. In the end the bad guy(s) are caught, but not without some surprising twists. 

Although I didn't love this book, and I am not rushing into the next book in the Series, it was not all bad. I do plan on reading more of Katy Reichs books about Temperance Brennen in time, but not right away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...