23.4.12

fall in love like: anne and gilbert

So, why Anne and Gilbert? You see... the thing about Gilbert is that he lets Anne find her own way. Lets her make mistakes, and get herself in some awful spots, but is always there when she needs a shoulder to cry on. He knows what she needs and what she wants before she does. I think what makes me love him so much, is that he is patient with her. No matter how hard, or how often she pushes him away, even when he was firmly planted on the "friend shelf" he never gave up on the love he felt for her. He trusted that she would find her own way to him. After all, this is Anne we are talking about, she can never take the easy way.






How do I relate? Well, every Anne needs her Gilbert. I believe that Gilbert Blyth was my first movie crush. As a little girl I made a solemn vow to myself that someday, I would find my own Gilbert and marry him. Basically, I am Anne. I'm not scared to say what I mean and I mean what I say. I'm hot headed and not always the most graceful when it comes to social events. I tend to attract attention, and in general, people tend to like me. Well, guys tend to like me, girls never really know what to do with me. Luckily, I have had a few bosom friends along the way to keep me on my feet.

The moral of the relationship is... Anne and Gilbert are, kindred spirits. They would have to be for Gilbert to put up with Anne's hair brained ideas. Which is exactly why, I need Gilbert Blyth.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...