7.4.12

The Vampire Diaries - The Return: Nightfall

It happened again, Dark Reunion re-captured me at the end and I had high hopes for this book. However, at the end, I'm calling it quits, at least for now. There are two more books that were actually written by L.J. Smith in the series. Eventually I'd like to finish them, but for now I am done.

The thing that angers me about this series is the turn that some of the characters have taken. Elena's character has grown and become strong, but I don't think that is true of most of the others. Caroline, in particular has taken a turn for the worse, she has turned evil out of spite. Stefan and Damon haven't really changed all that much, but I've never been overly fond of the way they have been portrayed. Damon in particular, about mid way through this book I was excited about the development in his character, but in the end he was the same old same old. Bonnie and Meredith have always been some of my favorites, but have been fading from the story line.

In this book the evil has truly taken over the town and as usually it is after Elena. But it is attacking from the outside in. Damon is one of the first under the evil influence, preceded only Caroline who has in a sense made a "deal with the devil". Bonnie, Meredith, and Matt and Elena have their work cut out for them in defeating the evil after Stefan was kidnaped. In the end Elena finds her powers and saves the day.

I hope that when I do decide to continue on with the series that the adventure that Elena, Damon and Matt have started ends with a happen ending.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...