5.12.11

scrabble


 So. Salvation Army, or really any second hand store is my favorite place to shop. The things you find are amazing. This is one of my latest "you'll never believe this" finds. 


I've been keeping an eye out for scrabble games at Salvo for a while. I didn't care if all the pieces were there. I was planning on taking it apart anyway. To use the pieces in different projects. Not really sure what, but I'm sure I could come up with a thing or two... or three. You know.  So when I saw a scrabble box I grabbed it. No questions asked. for $2 I didn't really care as long as there were tiles.



Once I got the box home and I opened it up to see what was inside I started to have a funny feeling about the amount of pieces. So I went to handy dandy Google and searched how many pieces should be in a Scrabble game. I came up with this answer:
 9A, 2B, 2C, 4D, 12E, 2F, 3G 2H, 9I, 1J, 1K, 4L,  2M, 6N, 8O, 2P, 1Q, 6R, 4S, 6T, 4U, 2V, 2W, 1X2Y, 1Z.

As I started to line up the pieces my excitement mounted! I was about half way through the counting just knowing that there would be one piece missing. like ther would only be 3U's or something stupid. But they were all there. ALL of them. Who would have ever thought. As you can see some of the letters had red marks on them. But I think I can deal with that. 

The copyright on the inside of the box says 1853. And the box, I might mention is in prestine condition. So I purchased a full set vintage Scrabble Game for $2. Needless to say, I will not be using this game for parts. Even though Scrabble has got to be one of my least favorite games, in the world. I will keep this game. If nothing else, just for the story. 


Who would have ever thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...